A Fixed-Indexed Annuity is a fixed annuity with the interest earned
linked to an external equity or bond index. The
most commonly used indexes are the S&P 500 Index, the Dow Jones Industrial
Average Index and the 10 Year US Treasury Bond. The values of an index can vary daily and certainly
are not predictable. When purchasing a fixed-indexed
annuity, you own an annuity contract backed by American Equity. You are
not purchasing shares of stock, bonds or any indexes.
The benefits and features of American Equity's fixed indexed annuities include:
* One hundred percent of your premiums earn interest directly related
to your fixed-indexed annuities. Once interest is credited, it compounds annually and can never
be lost due to interest rate adjustments or negative
fluctuations in the S&P 500, Dow Jones
Industrial Average, or the 10 Year US Treasury Bond.
- Tax-Deferred Growth.
- Choices of how interest is calculated and which index is used.
- Single or Flexible Premiums.
- Systematic Withdrawals of interest or amounts to satisfy IRS minimum
distributions available immediately.**
- 10% penalty-free withdrawals starting in year 2.
- Lifetime Income Benefit. +
- Additional liquidity if you are confined to a nursing home or diagnosed
with a terminal illness (available by state approval).
- Surrender Charges may apply for early withdrawal.
- Full Contract Value at first-to-die of Owner or Annuitant.
- No up front sales charges or fees.*
** Benefit not guaranteed and subject to change.
+ Not Available on all products.
Return to Products for Today